The subtropical weather disturbance in the southeast Gulf of Mexico will begin moving north toward Louisiana and likely strengthen into a tropical depression, the National Hurricane Center said Tuesday night.
The agency said now is the time to prepare a storm plan. Regardless of development, Louisiana could get hit with heavy rain and flooding over the weekend.
Last year’s hurricane season broke several records, including having the most named storms ever on record.
If the disturbance strengthens into a tropical storm, it will be named Claudette.
The National Hurricane Center also was monitoring Tropical Storm Bill in the north Atlantic and anticipated it will weaken through Wednesday.
Here’s what we know from the Hurricane Center as of 7 p.m.:
Forecasters said a low pressure area showed disorganized showers and thunderstorms over southern Mexico and the Bay of Campeche. This system isn’t expected to move much until Thursday, when it starts trekking north.
Late this week, it has an 80% chance of forming into a tropical depression. Tropical development in the next two days increased to 50%, on Tuesday evening.
Much of southeast Louisiana is expected to get doused with 4 to 10 inches of rain, including the New Orleans area, Baton Rouge and Lafayette. Heavy rains are forecast Friday through Sunday.
As of Tuesday morning, here are the rainfall estimates:
- Houma – 8 to 10 inches
- New Orleans – 6 to 8 inches
- Covington – 6 to 8 inches
- Slidell – 6 to 8 inches
- Baton Rouge – 6 to 8 inches
- Boothville – 6 to 8 inches
- Lafayette – 4 to 6 inches.
How many did you experience?
As of Tuesday evening, Tropical Storm Bill was about 290 miles southeast of Halifax, Nova Scotia, and heading northeast at 36 mph. Forecasters said it posed no threat to land, and no warnings or watches have been issued. The same northeastern movement is expected for Bill until it dissipates Wednesday.
The 2021 Atlantic hurricane season is again expected to be busier than normal, with 13 to 20 named storms, 6 to 10 of them hurricanes and 3 to…
The Hurricane Center was monitoring a storm system a few hundred miles southwest of the Cabo Verde Islands, but it had a 0% chance of tropical development as of 7 p.m.
See the full forecast here.
قد يهمك أيضاً :-
- بث مباشر تردد قنوات مفتوحة تنقل مباراة مصر والبرازيل بأولمبياد طوكيو في ربع 2022 : سعودية نيوز
- اكتشاف صخور فضائية بين المريخ والمشتري : سعودية نيوز : سعودية نيوز
- تردد قناة بي ان سبورت اكسترا 2 BeIN Sport XTRA المفتوحة الناقلة لمباراة مصر 2022 : سعودية نيوز
- رابط تحميل لعبة GTA V للاندرويد apk برابط مباشر 2021 وأحصل على النسخة الأصلية من Grand Theft Auto : سعودية نيوز 2022
- تردد قناة زي ألوان Zee Alwan تحديث يوليو 2021 | علي النايل سات وعرب سات - جريدة 2022 : سعودية نيوز
- تردد قناة الكويت الرياضية 2022 : سعودية نيوز
- تردد قناة الأسطورة 2021 Alostora TV على القمر الصناعي نايل سات - جريدة أخبار 24 2022 : سعودية نيوز