A person has been caught allegedly attempting to flee the nation after police seized $7 million in money that was hidden underneath a concrete flooring final week.
Hugo Jacobs, 39, was arrested at Sydney Airport’s worldwide terminal about 9pm on Thursday attempting to board a flight to Dubai.
Detectives arrived a short while later and took him to Mascot police station the place he was charged with knowingly coping with the proceeds of crime and knowingly directing actions of a prison group.
Mr Jacobs was acquitted in 2011 of murdering Kings Cross nightclub identification Todd O’Connor. He was accused of luring Mr O’Connor to an remoted road in Sydney’s south at Tempe and finishing up “an execution-style” killing in a dispute over drug cash.
Mr Jacobs was beforehand often called Hashem Ibrahim however modified his title by deed ballot.
His Thursday arrest got here after police on June 2 searched a house at Roselands, in Sydney’s south-west, the place they are saying they discovered a big amount of money hidden underneath the concrete flooring in a storage shed.
The money is present process additional examination and remains to be being counted, however police estimate it totals greater than $7 million
Mr Jacobs, from Earlwood, in Sydney’s south-west, appeared at Central Native Courtroom on Friday the place he was formally refused bail.
supply : information.google.com
قد يهمك أيضاً :-
- Return of holidays abroad for people who are fully vaccinated
- Australian politics live: Sydney on alert after two Covid cases, Labor defends gas industry
- Father and son dead after morning fire in west end of Gatineau | CBC News
- Bipartisan infrastructure pitch gains steam on Capitol Hill as Biden weighs in from Europe - The Washington Post
- Moscow orders ‘mandatory’ vaccination against Covid-19 for some workers serving the public as cases soar in Europe’s largest city
- Is Windows 11 a free upgrade for Windows 10 and Windows 7?
- GDPR Support