LONDON: A UK man exiled overseas for greater than three years after having his citizenship revoked over alleged terror links has back to Britain after the home office conceded that it had acted unlawfully.
The 37-12 months-old Londoner, referred to as N3 in legal files, had fought a three-yr prison battle with the home office over his citizenship status, however gained his case remaining month.
His mom advised Sky information: “It has now been three years considering the fact that I remaining saw him. I’m an aged girl living on my own and I’m in poor health. I’ve missed his love, warm temperature, and companionship.”
In 2017, the home office sent a letter to N3 telling him of the decision to strip his citizenship.
He stated he changed into Turkey at the time doing relief work related to the Syrian conflict. His prison team ultimately argued that the United Kingdom had rendered him stateless.
A year later, in 2018, N3 — who is of Bangladeshi origin — gained an appeal to have his British citizenship reinstated.
Bangladeshi laws suggest that he was ineligible for citizenship there due to the fact he did now not try to observe earlier than turning 21.
N3 traveled to France on his manner again to the UK but became refused access. He turned into detained and classified as a stateless man or woman.
however final month, the citizenship deprivation order become withdrawn and the United Kingdom home secretary restored his citizenship.
On Wednesday, N3 turned into transferred to the United Kingdom and is being detained by using London’s Metropolitan Police under the Terrorism Act 2000.
Fahad Ansari, N3’s solicitor, says his patron has been “systematically centered” by means of the house office for greater than three years, and throughout the prison process, N3 was not shown the proof leveled in opposition to him.
“This sustained marketing campaign of harassment has disadvantaged his children of their father for too long now and ought to come to a stop,” Ansari stated.
N3’s story is much like many Britons who traveled to Syria throughout the war. He changed into suspected of getting links to terror companies, and turned into given obscure proof as to why his citizenship became revoked, which rights groups have warned cannot be seen or challenged.
His mother, who has been supported by advocacy organization CAGE, stated: “With my fitness sick, I desperately want his assist throughout these hard instances.”
A home workplace spokesperson stated: “We do now not automatically touch upon man or woman cases.”
قد يهمك أيضاً :-
- "usa news "Teenager becomes fourth brother to graduate from college early"to day"
- "tech news "Wind farm in the bay of Saint-Brieuc: 60 fishing boats at sea
- "Exclusif" Bournemouth duo Arnaut Danjuma and Jonathan Woodgate win April Sky Bet Championship awards | Football News to day
- "usa news "Governor Christie Says Opioid Commission Members Proud of Trump's Response to Crisis"to day"
- "tech news "France and four European countries call on Israel to stop settlements in Palestine - RT en français
- "france news" Rocket out of control: risk on Earth "extremely low" according to China - international news to day
- "usa news "Colombia's protests, explained - CNN"to day"