VICTORIA – British Columbia well being officers recognized 10 new instances of COVID-19 within the Vancouver Island space on Tuesday.
The quantity marks a slight enhance in comparison with the newest each day case numbers and has reached double digits for the primary time since Could twenty eighth.
The brand new instances had been amongst 165 instances discovered throughout the province because the final case replace on Monday afternoon.
Well being officers have now confirmed 145,695 instances of COVID-19 in BC because the pandemic started, together with 5,086 instances in Vancouver Island.
No COVID-19-related deaths had been recorded in BC on Tuesday, bringing the province’s pandemic demise toll to 1,722.
There have been 41 deaths within the Vancouver Island space because the pandemic started.
There are at present 64 energetic instances of COVID-19 within the Vancouver Island space, together with three folks within the hospital however none within the intensive care unit.
Island Well being on Tuesday recognized the places of 29 energetic instances, together with 17 within the South Island, eight within the Central Island and 4 within the North Island.
Roughly 74.2 p.c of adults in British Columbia have now obtained a primary dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, whereas 71.9 p.c of individuals 12 years and older have been vaccinated.
Well being officers mentioned in a press release Tuesday that it’s “very encouraging to see a gradual enhance within the variety of folks in our province protected with a COVID-19 vaccine”.
Provincial Well being Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, and Well being Secretary Adrian Dix proceed to induce British Columbia to get a second dose of the vaccine, saying “There isn’t a mistaken alternative” among the many provincial vaccine choices Efficient. “
“Take the time to assume via your choices in order that when your eight weeks are across the nook and it is your flip,” mentioned Dix and Henry. “Whether or not you come to your pharmacy or go to a mass clinic for an mRNA vaccine, there’s sufficient vaccine for everybody.”
قد يهمك أيضاً :-
- 'He's probably hungover': Twitter users poke fun at Boris Johnson's press conference errors
- Concern grows as delta COVID variant spreads: What we know, don’t know about mutation
- Canada: Man faces terrorism charges in attack on Muslim family
- Madeleine McCann suspect breaks silence to slam investigation
- First Nations child-welfare ruling based on 'seriously flawed reasoning,' feds argue
- Backpackers are picking fruit for $1 an hour and suffering horrific abuse at work, survey finds
- Spanish man allegedly killed kids to spite mom for getting new boyfriend